Having an issue or bug with the platform?
Try these basic troubleshooting steps first.
1. Log Out & Log Back In
We know it sounds silly, but sometimes a fresh login is just what you need!
2. Try An Incognito/Private Browser Window
We highly recommend that you utilize an Incognito or Private (depending on your browser) browsing window to access the Rule Your Business platform. This enables you to always have access to the most recent version of Rule Your Business, and can reduce the number of times you need to clear your browsing cache.
Incognito mode will also often remove the ability for Browser Extensions to work. These can sometimes interfere with the RYB interface and cause bugs.
4. Clear your browser's cache.
Our developers often push updates to the platform to fix bugs or add new features. Sometimes, this can cause your connection to RYB to become out of sync, which creates random bugs and glitches.
Therefore, we recommend that the first thing you try is clearing your browser's cache. This option is usually found in relation to your browsing history. For more specific instructions, please type "YOUR BROWSER clear cache" into your preferred search engine.
Google Chrome Users:
Sometimes you may need to do a hard reset to clear the local storage of your Google Chrome browser. Follow these instructions to proceed with this process:
- Right-click the screen and select "Inspect", select "Application" (you may have to click the >>> icon to find Application) then select "Storage" then click the "Clear Site Data" button.
- Click the lock icon next to the url of the page, select "Cookies", then click the "Remove" button.
- Do a hard refresh of your browser (right-click the reload button and select "Hard Reload" or Command + R on a Mac or Control + F5 on a PC)
5. Which Browser Are You Using?
Sometimes your issue can simply be a browser compatibility issue. Rule Your Business operates best in the Google Chrome browser.
If you're a Safari or Firefox user, this might just fix your issue!
If these steps don't help to resolve your issue, you can take the following steps:
Submit A Support Ticket
Connect With Our Live Chat Agent
Our live technical support agent, Melanie, is available within the Help Library inside of your Rule Your Business account.
To access the Help Library, click on the black question mark icon in the top right area of the screen. Then click on the black chat bubble icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Live Chat is available 7 days a week from 11am to 7pm EST